Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to the personal website of Dr. Zheyong Fan.
- 1 Education
- 2 Working experience
- 3 Current position
- 4 Areas of expertise
- 5 What I am doing now?
- 6 Books
- 7 Published journal papers
- 8 Published computer codes
- 9 Related websites
- 10 Book Recommendations (ongoing)
- 11 Programming notes (ongoing)
- I gained my PhD in theoretical physics in 2010 from Nanjing University.
- 2010-2012: Postdoc at Xiamen University
- 2012-2014: Postdoc at Aalto University
- 2014-2016: Associate Professor at Bohai University
- 2016-2019: Postdoc at Aalto University
- 2020-?: Research Scientist at Varian Medical Systems Finland Oy
Areas of expertise
- Phonon thermal transport
- Linear scaling quantum transport
- Molecular dynamics simulation
- GPU high performance computing
What I am doing now?
- Developing the GPUMD code;
- Developing the GPUQT code;
- Developing the GPUGA code;
- Writing a CUDA Programming book;
- Writing (revising) a review paper on linear scaling quantum transport;
- Writing a review paper on molecular dynamics simulation of thermal transport;
- I am writing a book entitled CUDA Programming, which will be published by Tsinghua University Press in early 2020. This book will be in Chinese. The sample codes for this book have been published in my Github page: https://github.com/brucefan1983/CUDA-Programming
- I am also planning to write a book entitled Molecular Dynamics Simulation: Principles and Implementations.
- I aim to write a series of books on theoretical and computational physics in my life, from the undergraduate level to the PhD level.
Published journal papers
Published computer codes
- My scientific blog on computational physics (in Chinese): http://blog.sciencenet.cn/u/brucefan1983
Book Recommendations (ongoing)
What have I read and liked?
Solid state physics and condensed matter physics
- Neil W. Ashcroft and N. David Mermin, Solid State Physics, https://www.amazon.com/Solid-State-Physics-Neil-Ashcroft/dp/0030839939. Although published in 1976, this is still the best introductory book on solid state physics.
- J. M. Haile, Molecular Dynamics Simulation: Elementary Methods, https://www.amazon.com/Molecular-Dynamics-Simulation-Elementary-Methods/dp/047118439X. This is a very good introductory book on molecular dynamics simulation and is the first I read about this topic.
- Mark E. Tuckerman, Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Molecular Simulation, https://www.amazon.com/Statistical-Mechanics-Molecular-Simulation-Graduate/dp/0198525265. This is a must read for anyone who is interested in the underlying principles of many aspects of molecular dynamics simulation.
- D. A. Patterson and J. L. Hennessy, Computer organization and design: The hardware/software interface. I only have the 4th Edition, not the latest 5th Edition. I am reading this book and here are my notes.
- John Cheng, Max Grossman, and Ty McKercher, Professional CUDA C Programming, https://www.amazon.com/Professional-CUDA-Programming-John-Cheng/dp/1118739329. This is the best book on CUDA Programming published so far. If you only want to read one book on CUDA Programming, read this one. Some parts are outdated; hope the authors can make a second edition.
- K. N. King, C Programming: A Modern Approach (2nd Edition). I have read this book before, and will probably read it another time in the future.
- S. B. Lippman, J. Lajoie, B. E. Moo, C++ Primer (5th Edition). I am reading this book. Here are my notes.